Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year Massage and Message



Hubby and I each went for an hour-long massage and just got back. We have a membership at Massage Envy. It is a spa franchise that opened up near our home a couple of years ago. We pay for 1 massage per month and the hours accumulate if you don't use it for whatever reason. Everyone once in awhile we get 2 hour massages and are practically unconscious at the completion. It truly is a luxury and yet is so beneficial.



I love getting massages. They are relaxing, great for tension, sore muscles and headaches and over-all health and well being. The beds at Massage Envy are heated which was particularly nice on this cold winter day.


Some people are really uncomfortable about getting massages. One of my best friends has never and says she will never get one. She feels like it is too intimate to strip down for a stranger and she says she wouldn't be able to relax. First of all, you don't have to completely strip, you can wear shorts if you'd like. Of course you are covered with a blanket and the therapists are well trained at keeping you covered; exposing just the body part being worked on, like an arm.



There are all kinds of massages, light touch, deep tissue, maternity, Swedish. I prefer a firm pressure and, unfortunately I didn't get that today. If I am able to fall asleep during the session, it is not firm enough!



What about you? Have you had a massage? Or, are you like my friend who say's she will never do it? If not, why not?



In the new year, I am wishing you all many, massages or at least one.


To your health!




Cindy



6 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy New Year Sweetie...
I am so thrilled that you were able to take the time with DH and get a massage. How wonderful they are. They harder the rub is, the better it is to me. Yes I have had a massage and would do it more often if I could afford it.

I hope you pop over and read my blog. You are in it. The one from yesterday is the one you need to read. I had fun thanking friends, and you were one of them. Please let me know if you like it. I had so much fun.

Thanks for the 2009 memories sweetie, I have so enjoyed visiting with you.

Country hugs and so much love, Sherry

Lisa said...

Happy New Year! Hope it is your best yet!
Hugs, Lisa

Sarah said...

Cindy, what a clever idea. I wish a spa would start something like that here. I like to treat myself to a massage on occasion. Wonderful!
Thank you for your friendship in recent months. I enjoy my visits to Fairy Tale Cottage. My post today is an official thank you for the delightful gift you sent. The bag of lavender is so appreciated! Stop by if you have time. Thank you again and all the best for 2010. ~ Sarah

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Cindy,

Oh yes...I love massages...no problem stripping down and relaxing..after all..the therapist is super professional and you are covered like you said. I think the foot soak and massage while resting your feet in a bowl of smooth stones is simply divine.

Thanks for coming over for a visit and looking at my newest collage.

Have a lovely day,
Stephanie

The Muse said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate and soothe yourself during the holiday season!

Anonymous said...

This is the first article I’ve read since finding this site…and what an article!!! I’m hooked.

Beauty & Fashion