Friday, July 17, 2009

Pink Ballet Slipper~Glidden Paint Tester

Perhaps everyone knows about these except me, but, they are so cool! Home Depot has a zillion different color testers for 2.97. So I picked out several including Pink Ballet Slipper; grabbed my cheap sponge paint brush and a tiny vintage mirror. I am a spay painting maniac but spraying little pieces feels like over-kill.
What is this? It comes with an attached brush! Wow, bonus!

Here is my mini mirror, probably 4 inches tall, at the most. It is really old, kind of dingy.


I still managed to make a mess with the paint; I like to paint really fast. The latex paint is so easy to remove from the mirror; it peels right off. Trust me on that one because I forgot to take a picture post-peel. There is a ring on the back so I can hang it on the wall as soon as the right spot speaks to me.

This Pink Ballet Slipper is the best pink, nice and soft.




My favorite thrift store, Habitat for Humanity Restore, is amazing in so many ways. They have everything a typical thrift store has plus building materials; brand new boxes of tile, gallons of paint for $5, caulk, light fixtures, a giant spa tub! And their prices are the best I have seen. Habitat for Humanity is a great organization. Hopefully you have one in your area.


This a a sweet original watercolor(signed), that I bought at Habitat for Humanity. It was only $2 and $2 is a great price for something that makes me smile. I wonder why someone gave this up?

These sweet vintage prints of children also make me smile. They are all sweet and pink and only 1.50 each including the frames. They are not reproductions; fantastic! They are in exceptional condition.


The pinks in their dresses are lovely; quite delicate.

Be sure to stop by the party hosted by Beverly to see much wonderful pink goodness!

13 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi CIndy! Happy Pink Saturday! WOnderful post. Loved the mirror and those prints are just precious. Can never pass up a print. You never know when you are going to need one. I keep extras just in case. Great post. Please stop by and say hi. Love to have you visit. Country Hugs, Sherry

Claudia said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love those small sample paint sizes, I just bought two of them yesterday. The mirror looks fabulous and all of the prints are lovely.

♥Mimi♥ said...

♥Happy Pink Satuday♥
Really cold (50s) in upper Michigan today with a dark sky. I need all the pink I can get this morning. Thanks so much for helping lift my spirits!

I'm going out to get some paint testers!

Wishing you a weekend filled with sunshine and happiness.

The Old Parsonage said...

Wow, that pink is great and looks fab on the mirror. I wish that we had a great store like that near us. Out thrift store is pretty trashy.

Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love company!

Enjoy your Day!
Leann

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cindy, that is a cool little paint tester, and no, I didn't realize Glidden has those. I like the fact that a brush comes with it! Ben Moore has them without the brush, but the brush is great! Love your pink paint and all of your cute finds!

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing about the paint Testers! Such lovely items, and your re-dos on your previous posts are just great! Happiest of Pink Saturdays to you!

Sandra said...

Hi Cindy! I love how the mirror looks with all the pretty pink!
Blessings,
Sandra

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Now that is a great transformation! Gotta love that pink paint!
Have a wonderful pink day!
xo Tami

Barbara Jean said...

Cindy,
Love those precious little girl pics, and that watercolor is wonderful!! What great buys.

Thanks for telling us about the little cans of paint. Will be great for a color i cannot find in spray paint.Otherwise I'm stickin' with the spray can. I just line several up at a time a do them all at once.

Blessings,and thanks for coming by.

Barbara jean

Kdottie Designs said...

Great pinks - I will have to try the trial size spray paint! Thanks for the tip. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Aaawww those little girls are soooooooo adorable! Lucky you to have found such prints.

Li

Dreamgirl said...

Wonderful post. Love your little pink mirror. And that watercolor for 2 dollars! What a find!

Found you through Beverly.
I was going to send you a Happy Pink Saturday, but that's a little late now... so have a happy pink and sunny week!

Please come by and see my pink Saturday post:

http://sweeterliving.blogspot.com/2009/07/pink-saturday-shoes-shoes-shoes-or-how.html

Take care and enjoy your life!

Greetings from Spain!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I really like the watercolour painting.. for $2.. it is a great buy!