Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Carter Worries So Much

Carter is another Aspie boy that I have the pleasure of working with. He is Asian and his parents' culture expects that Carter will get perfect grades. Carter is extremely gifted in math and science. But, ohhhh, how he worries about it. He reminds me of Eeyore from the Winnie the Pooh stories.
"Ooooooo no, today is going to be bad.....I have a math test and I'm going to do bad....ooooooh no....my parents will be ashamed of me.....my grandparents will be ashamed of me.....they will throw me out on the street and ooooohhhhh noooooo, that's where I will die.....all alone......

"Carter", I ask, "how'd you do on the test?"

"I got an A but on the next one I'm sure I will fail, ohhhhhhh no....."

Carter has my heart, most definitely.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh no! Poor guy! At least he does well even if his attitude is that he doesn't!
Hugs,Lisa