Monday, May 25, 2009

State of Education Part 3


"The widely accepted theory on how the world evolved is based on the Big Bang model, the universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand today. A common analogy explains that space itself is expanding, carrying galaxies with it.... Jenna raises her hand, "What if you believe in Creationism rather than evolution?", she asks.
"What about Jesus?", calls out Jose.
"This is NOT a religion class, it is a Science class", says the teacher. "I will NOT answer any questions unless they are about Science." "....the expansion of the universe appears to be accelerating...."
Oh ,how I wanted to raise my hand and ask for an only FAIR discussion which would include both sides. Only 1 side is allowed and it is "the most widely accepted theory...".
But I am not a student and I may not particpate in this lesson. I work with my student, James, who has Asperger's and make sure he takes good notes on the Science lesson.

No comments: