Thursday, December 16, 2010

Art by Goodwill

thriftthursday Today I am linking up to the inspiring Thrifty Thursday party with Leigh at Bloggeritaville. Click on the button above to check out the great deals from all over the place!

001 Who would have thought in a million years that I would find wall art that I love at Goodwill?! Not, I-that’s for sure but this is exactly what I have found to be true. 002  The other day I found these sweet framed bird prints. The cost was 2.99 each. The frames were brown-stored –in-a-pile –in –the- garage scratched up. This is never a problem. I ALWAYS paint my frames anyway. I chose this light blue color and shabbed them up a bit with sand paper.

  But I loved the birds and the vibrant colors used by the artist. And who is this Jacob Bates Abbott? He has a beautiful style. As it turns out, he was a celebrated artist that is especially famous for his illustrations for the Audobon Society.007 003Robins with their nests of blue eggs always warms my mother-of-five children’s soul.009 I also found this nostalgic small town Christmas scene for 1.99. I did the same treatment to the dated gold frame.008

Love this country Christmas scene for 2.99. The frame was a shiny-bright gold-yikes! In 2 minutes it was Colonial Red by spray paint.013 012At the moment it is propped up next to the red iron cat food dish for Emmett and Reeses’ viewing pleasure.

Don’t judge the look on his face!

004

 029

2 comments:

Quiltpiecer said...

Wow, these are all great prints ... love them! They're beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very nice prints and indeed a well respected artist.
Great choices for frame colors.
While there are nice artworks donated to thrift stores near me you have to be there as they are brought out to get a chance at them.